I realized this week that sometimes having a good back-up plan is just as important as having a plan. I was sick much of the week, and didn’t have the energy to cook from scratch every day. On those days when I felt up to cooking, I followed through with my meal plan. But on the days I couldn’t cook, my son, my husband, and my tendency to have lots of staples on hand at all times really saved the day. So instead of having cereal for dinner three different times, my son made Ramen for us one night, my husband brought in pizza one night, and I got out sandwich fixings another night. And I wouldn’t say that those choices were inspired, just that we still managed to fit in a family dinner, even when the cook was down for the count.
To see how we plan our meals, click here. The Fam needs to eat. Make it good!
- Sandwiches with fixings
- Roasted vegetable quiche, homemade bread, grapes, Mexican chocolate cream pie
- Roasted chicken, rice, baked egg rolls with dipping sauce, pineapple
- Chicken tortilla soup with fixings, cheddar biscuits, pears
- Dinner with family: brought cheesy potato casserole
- Other things to make this week: GOOP, pancake syrup, chocolate syrup