This week, the most important aspect of how I fed my family was having at least one component prepared ahead. Just knowing that dinner was already started was enough for me to feel relaxed about actually making dinner. Two examples: we had leftover shredded beef from making beef au jus sandwiches, and I repurposed the meat over quickly-made rice to make burrito bowls (along with some fresh homemade salsa, which only took about 5 minutes to make while the rice was cooking!). The next night, I used my leftover rice to make fried rice – and dinner was a snap. So here’s to repurposing leftovers to make dinner prep dead easy.
To see how we plan our meals, click here. The Fam needs to eat. Make it good!
- Birthday dinner: hamburgers with fixings on homemade buns, corn on the cob, smiley potatoes, grapes, flavored lemonades
- Pizza, sauteed zucchini and onion, blueberries and grapes
- Ramen, mixed vegetables, peanuts, oranges
- Sandwiches, chips, fresh fruit and veggies
- Rice bowls with shredded beef, sour cream, shredded cheese, fresh salsa, and tortilla chips
- Fried rice, edamame, pineapple
- Birthday celebrations with family: brought watermelon wedges, cheese and crackers, peach flavored lemonade, and soft pretzel braids
- Other things to make this week: pullman sandwich bread, cinnamon roll bread, English muffin toasting bread, cinnamon rolls, sourdough hamburger buns, cookie dough ice cream