In the last few months, I have been using a dry erase board to keep a running list of meals to make during the course of the week, with an abbreviated evening schedule for the week so that I remember what commitments we need to fit dinner around. It was working really well!
And then, this week, I just completely stopped doing the essential part: deciding the night before what I would make for the next night’s dinner and checking out the activity schedule so I’d know exactly when I had time to prep. And guess what? All week, our dinners consisted of things thrown together at the last minute that required next-to-no prep time. I blame the fact that everyone is so tired at the end of the school year and so exhausted from all the end-of-year activities…but really, I just need to put in that extra five minutes the night before so that I don’t have to rush the next day. Here’s to doing better next week.
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- English muffin pizzas, peas and carrots, peaches
- Egg sandwiches on English muffins, baby carrots, applesauce
- Slow Cooker Taco soup with hominy and fixings (sour cream, shredded cheese), tortilla chips and guacamole, dinner rolls
- Hot dogs with homemade buns, French fries, steamed carrots, cherries
- Pizza, mixed vegetables, black olives, apples with peanut butter
- Meatballs, baked potatoes (made in the slow cooker) with toppings, steamed green beans, cherries, root beer floats
- Hot dogs on homemade buns, curly fries, tortilla chips and salsa, clementines and apples, s’mores
- Other things to make this week: enchilada sauce, ice cream sandwiches, peanut butter cup brownies, honey whole wheat bread, Pullman bread, English muffin toasting bread, English muffins, yogurt, cookie dough ice cream, ketchup
- Anniversary dinner out!
- Sandwich night
- Mother’s Day picnic: brought brats and hot dogs for cookout, chips, salsa, and peppers to share
- Dinner out so mom didn’t have to cook 🙂
- Grilled chicken breasts, roasted potatoes, carrots, and onions, strawberries
- Fried egg sandwiches on English Muffins, Banana Muffins, Fruit Salad, leftover vegetables
- Quesadillas, peppered bacon, crinkle cut carrots, salad, apple slices
- Cheese tortellini, mixed vegetables, cantaloupe, Jasmine’s “Magic Carpet” tortilla roll-ups (from Disney Princess Cookbook)
- Other things to make this week: blueberry muffins, cranberry nut muffins, cranberry nut muffin mix, Strawberry Freezer Jam