We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
I love birthdays. I always let my children pick out their own birthday dinner. They pick their favorite meal, whether that means having breakfast food, pizza, or prime rib. For whatever reason, it cracked me up this year that my three-year-old picked such a normal meal this year: pasta, sausage, salad (really she just wanted olives, and I suggested salad with olives and she went for it), and apples. At the same time, it made me feel a little better about some of my very “normal” meals.
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Pizza (pepperoni and Italian sausage or barbecue pulled pork), steamed carrots
- Turkey and cheese sandwiches on homemade bread with fixings, potato chips, baby carrots and dilly dip, pretzel crisps and spready cheese, apples and peanut butter, hard-boiled eggs
- Armchair quarterback chili in the slow cooker with fixings, baked rice, corn, cheese gougeres
- Summer sausage, cheese, and crackers; spready cheese and pretzel crisps, dilly dip with baby carrots, grapes, double-dipped chocolate-mint cookies
- Slow cooker chicken tortilla soup with fixings
- Oven fajitas with fixings, rice, pinto beans, corn, strawberry limeade
- Dinner with friends: lasagna, pasta, spinach salad, lemon meringue pie
- Other things to make this week: shterum, mango lassi, fresh strawberry pie with whipped cream, apricot-oatmeal bars, cutout cookies
- Out of town
- Out of town
- Sandwiches and leftovers
- Birthday Dinner: Bowtie Pasta, Grilled smoked sausage, salad and raw veggies, raw apple slices, Purple cupcakes and Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream (double batch)
- Slow Cooker Chicken Chili served over elbow macaroni with shredded cheese, sour cream, avocado; cheese biscuits, salad, cantaloupe
- Pasta, leftover ham, crescent rolls, raw apple and pear slices, salad
- Tacos (poached chicken, baked jasmine rice, frozen corn off the cob, avocado, shredded cheese, sour cream, salsa); home-canned applesauce
- Other things to make this week: English Muffins (double batch), Sandwich Bread (double batch), Chex Mix, banana chocolate chip bread, homemade vanilla coffee creamer