We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
This week, I’ve been repeatedly reminded of the saying, “Blessed are the flexible, for they shall not be bent out of shape.” Plans changed repeatedly. But knowing a handful of recipes by heart allowed me to quickly shift gears. When things happened last minute, I had some ideas to fall back on, and I knew exactly how the recipes could be prepped ahead.
One meal planning idea I’ve seen several times recently is to make the same 5 meals every week. While I personally could not handle so much repetition, I think there is some merit to the idea: namely, that it forces you to become so familiar with a recipe that it requires no mental effort to get it on the table. And when everything changes, not having to think about dinner is the perfect solution.
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Fried rice, egg rolls, steamed broccoli, orange smiles, vanilla pudding
- Dinner out
- Penne or tortellini with marinara sauce and meatballs, muffins, peas, sliced pears
- Fired-up bean chili with toppings, focaccia bread, corn, sliced pears
- Jambalaya, corn, leftover breads
- Pancakes with homemade syrup
- Other things to make this week: Pullman bread, mini & regular banana-nut muffins, peanut butter granola bars with chocolate-covered sunflower seeds, cinnamon crunch coffee cake, roasted nuts
- Macaroni and cheese, Fish sticks, fresh sliced pears, broccoli and cauliflower, salad
- Pasta, home-canned peaches, broccoli, cauliflower, and carrots, Paska Bread (traditional Eastern European Holy Week bread)
- Lunch with family, brought Carrot Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting, Pink Lemonade Cookie
- Dinner with family, brought Lemon Cheesecake and Rice Krispie Treat Eggs
- Oven-Fried Drumsticks, Buttermilk Biscuits, Steamed carrots, apples and pears
- Sandwiches (ham, salami, or turkey), steamed cauliflower, strawberries
- Rotini, leftover chicken, cantaloupe, raw veggie tray with homemade hummus
- Other things to make this week: laundry detergent, No-Knead 100% Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread, 30 hard boiled eggs, Blueberry Muffins