We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
My highlight this week was baking rice. I had never tried it before, and Katie had tried it several times from Good Cheap Eats by Jessica Fisher. I used the method for a Chipotle Lime Rice recipe I’m developing, and it was so easy! Also, the rice was amazingly fluffy. There is always something new to try!
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Fried eggs, English muffins, pan-fried ham, fresh fruit
- Spaghetti and meatballs with marinara sauce, cheese and crackers, apples and peanut butter
- Homemade macaroni and cheese, baked beans, pigs in a blanket, mixed veggies, pears, vanilla pudding
- Macaroni and cheese, tater tots, mixed vegetables
- Pizza, black olives, steamed carrots, apple slices with peanut butter
- Sandwiches (turkey or peanut butter cracker), chips, clementines
- Easter dinner with family: brought homemade hot cross buns
- Other things to make this week: Pain de mie (sandwich bread), GORP, peanut butter eggs (for Easter), graham crackers, yogurt, spiced pumpkin mini loaves, slow cooker pumpkin pie oatmeal
- Dinner with family, brought Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Macaroni and cheese, Fruit Salad, broccoli, raw sliced red peppers
- Dinner with family, brought Mama T’s Chili, elbow macaroni, Corn Muffins, homemade Swedish potato sausage
- Leftover sausage, hot dogs, corn muffins, apples, broccoli
- Delivery pizza, strawberries
- Burritos with roast chicken, Cilantro-Lime Rice, lettuce, salsa, corn, sour cream, shredded cheese; Fruit Salad
- Leftovers, home-canned applesauce
- Other things to make this week: homemade peanut butter eggs, graham crackers, strawberry ice cream, pink lemonade cookies, English Muffin Toasting Bread (2 loaves)