We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
This week, I was reminded every single day that what I had time for was good enough. I often make a very detailed meal plan, and sometimes I give myself a hard time if certain parts fall through – even though I am usually pretty successful at mostly following my plan. But I celebrated any successes this week, because I seemed to be constantly scrounging for meal prep time around other responsibilities.
And, honestly, everyone was pretty happy with the spontaneous takeout night, so I’m calling that a win, too.
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Pulled pork for sandwiches (on homemade buns from the freezer), slaw, tater tots, orange smiles, strawberry-rhubarb pie
- Pulled pork rice bowls with fixings, corn
- Takeout (Chipotle)
- Irish dinner with family: brought Irish soda bread
- Parish soup supper: brought slow cooker pumpkin-chai soup, banana-walnut mini muffins, and overnight oatmeal muffins
- Pizza, steamed carrots, apple slices with peanut butter
- Dinner with family: brought fudgy homemade brownies
- Other things to make this week: Southwestern Salad with homemade Catalina dressing, pumpkin muffins, Pullman loaf, Irish Soda Bread Muffins
- Soup Supper; brought Minestrone and Mac and cheese
- Inherited Chipotle leftovers from a work function; score!
- Leftovers, mango
- Quiche, Tomato Soup, cheese tortellini, frozen corn off the cob, clementines
- Take-out pizza, apples
- Leftovers, strawberries and raspberries, salad
- Irish dinner with family
- Other things to make this week: 2 loaves sandwich bread, Yogurt, zucchini bread, sugar free vanilla coffee creamer, zucchini-blueberry muffins