We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
I was experimenting this week with substituting white whole wheat flour for part of the all-purpose flour in some of my standard go-to recipes. I substituted about 1/3 of the all-purpose flour for white whole wheat when I made banana bread, zucchini bread, and zucchini muffins this week. I was very pleased with the results! There was not a large change in the taste, the texture seemed to even slightly improve, and hey – we added some whole grain! That’s a win. I plan to experiment more this week with sandwich bread and zucchini blueberry muffins. Wish me luck!
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Spaghetti with meatballs (from the freezer), vegetable medley, garlic toast, homemade applesauce
- Pasta with leftover marinara sauce, fresh veggies with hummus, cantaloupe
- Takeout pizza, vegetable medley, fresh fruit
- Parish soup supper: brought creamy tomato soup, cornbread, cinnamon-raisin bread, and honey-oat dinner rolls
- Sandwiches (turkey, avocado, and bacon) on homemade bread with fixings, fresh veggies (baby carrots and mini peppers) with hummus, fresh fruit (cantaloupe, raspberries, and sliced pears), potato chips
- Fajitas with fixings, fresh strawberry pie with whipped cream
- Other things to make this week: Honey-oat pain de mie (sandwich bread), granola, graham crackers
- Parish Soup Supper, brought Butternut Squash Soup
- Penne, Homemade Meatballs in home-canned marinara sauce, fresh apple slices, green beans
- Frozen pizza, home-canned applesauce, leftover vegetables
- Meatloaf (via mother-in-law!), mashed red potatoes, fresh slices apples and pears, broccoli
- Grilled smoked sausage, steamed jasmine rice, homemade egg rolls, raw sliced carrots, fresh sliced pears
- Taco Night! Shredded chicken and seasoned black beans, steamed rice, tortillas, frozen corn off the cob, shredded cheese, avocado, sour cream, home-canned salsa; fresh strawberries
- Other things to make this week: granola bars, Iced Tea, Dishwasher Detergent, Honey Whole Wheat Bread, homemade coffee creamer, Zucchini Bread, Cut Out Cookies, homemade graham crackers, zucchini muffins