We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
My highlight this week is that I think everyone should have a baking buddy. I have had several weeks of little productivity in the kitchen, but when Katie and I made a plan to make several things together, we spent 3 hours in her kitchen and made English Muffins, granola bars, No-Knead Bread, pie crusts (4 for me, 6 for Katie) for the freezer, homemade pan release, and 80 meatballs (each!) for the freezer. Amazing what happens when you have some accountability and support! So grab a friend, make a plan, and get in the kitchen! Quality time while cooking? Nothing better.
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Spinach manicotti, kiwi and mango, herbed broccoli with lemon, garlic bread, one-pan chocolate cake
- Guac tostadas, muffins
- Tortellini primavera, no-knead bread, pineapple, broccoli, fried rice
- Fried eggs on English muffins, split pea soup
- Parish fish fry
- Chinese takeout
- Other things to make this week: mini citrus muffins, mini blueberry muffins, peanut butter cookies, copycat nutrigrain bars, yogurt, limeade, English muffins (in the bread machine), GOOP (pan release), s’mores bars, 6 pie crusts (to freeze), 12 dozen meatballs (to freeze), skillet cookies snd skillet brownies
- Parish Soup Supper; brought Two-Bean Soup and Penne Pasta
- Panini Party! Make your own grilled sandwiches (ham, grilled chicken, roasted pork, salami, bacon, mozzarella, gouda, cheddar, swiss, mayo, pesto, mustard, tomato, spinach, romaine); clementines and home-canned applesauce, steamed cauliflower and carrots
- Leftover sandwiches
- Grilled chicken, salad, bowtie pasta, grapes, plain muffins
- Tacos (leftover grilled chicken, steamed rice, frozen corn off the cob, home-canned salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, black beans), grapes
- Slow Cooker Loaded Baked Potato Soup served with bacon, sour cream, and shredded cheese; No-Knead Bread, strawberries, salad
- Other things to make this week: English Muffins, granola, 4 pie crusts for the freezer, homemade pan release, 80 meatballs for the freezer, sandwich bread (4 loaves), banana chocolate chip muffins (with and without nuts), banana bread (2 loaves), yogurt, buttermilk, bagels, lemon bars