We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
This week was a difficult one for me, in that my youngest was sick for much of the week, and the older kids still had activities to get to. So I wrote off my meal plan fairly quickly, and decided to go with whatever could be managed while caring for my daughter.
One thing that entailed was using my appliances to make dinner for me. I used my bread machine several times to babysit my dough so I could be free if my daughter needed me. I also cooked dinner in the slow cooker or in the oven, so that it was very hands-off.
This also meant I didn’t make a lot of “extra” things – I love to bake, so mostly no desserts – but I did get a filling, healthy dinner on the table every night. And ultimately, that’s the point. The Fam needs to eat – make it good!
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Macaroni and cheese, green beans, apple slices with peanut butter
- Crustless potato-leek quiche, steamed carrots, 4-hour baguette, pears
- Slow cooker split pea soup, cheddar toasts, clementines
- Parish soup supper: brought zucchini bread with nuts, pumpkin loaf, and savory monkey bread
- Cashew chicken, baked rice, edamame, orange smiles, pumpkin butter bread
- Pepperoni and sausage pizza, steamed broccoli, carrots, and cauliflower, pears and strawberries, one-pan chocolate cake
- Other things to make this week: cinnamon rolls, chocolate syrup, antipasto salad with feta, Reuben bread, sandwich bread
- Parish soup supper; brought macaroni and cheese for children
- Salami sandwiches and leftovers
- Heart shaped Pizza, steamed cauliflower, home-canned applesauce
- Pork tenderloin, roasted potatoes and root vegetables, salad, home-canned peaches
- Sandwiches and leftovers!
- Breakfast for dinner! Breakfast sausage, Scrambled Eggs, Lemon-Cranberry Scones, sliced fresh pears, broccoli
- Dinner with family; brought grapes
- Other things to make this week: Banana Nut Muffins, Chocolate chip cookies