We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
While I love food and I love cooking, it turns out that for me there is no better stress reliever than not being responsible for making dinner! Sometimes days get too full or children are sick or I’m tired – or all three! And if I know that I don’t have to make dinner (or at least a full dinner), than the vise grip on my chest loosens up. So.. solutions if you don’t have food magically arrive on your plate? Keeping leftovers handy. Doubling up meal prep so that you can have a full meal in the freezer. Also: picking your (kitchen) battles. I typically try to make several other baking, dessert, or pantry items during the week. If I’m lucky to even get dinner on the table, than those other kitchen projects need to go. And more importantly, I need to be reasonable enough with myself to not be upset about that. When it comes down to it, the Fam’s gotta eat dinner (and not necessarily dessert)!
(And sometimes, if you know that someone else has sick kids or is going through a tough time, bring them dinner. They’ll thank you.)
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Ham sandwiches, baby carrots, red pepper, black olives, apples and clementines, zucchini bread with nuts
- Two-bean enchiladas, Mexican rice, guacamole
- Cheese soufflé, roasted red potatoes and broccoli, homemade applesauce, zucchini bread and whole wheat sandwich bread
- Sheet pan supper: smoked sausage, roasted red potatoes, roasted asparagus, red grapes, zucchini bread and whole wheat sandwich bread
- Parish soup supper: brought Butternut Squash-Carrot Soup, Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup, pumpkin yeast bread, cornbread
- Chicken divan, homemade applesauce
- Birthday dinner: Slow cooker Beef au jus on homemade hoagie rolls, oven fries, roasted asparagus, pears, Texas sheet cake
- Other things to make this week: whole wheat sandwich bread, pancake mixes, pancake syrup, slow cooker pumpkin-chai soup, baked brown rice, banana muffins, English muffin bread (bread machine), wheat bagels, hamburger buns (for freezer)
- Pizza (fresh mozzarella, tomato, basil, pepperoni, olives, shredded mozzarella, Italian sausage available as toppings), Corn, sliced apples
- Out of town
- Dinner with family
- Dinner with family
- Fish sticks, macaroni and cheese, Pumpkin Soup (from Katie), zucchini muffins, broccoli, home-canned peaches
- Roasted Chicken, steamed sushi rice, leftover veggies, peaches and apples
- Other things to make this week: Yogurt