Fondue is one of those foods that’s perfect for a party. There’s nothing like it. Gather a variety of toppings, a thick dipping sauce, a bunch of long forks, some good friends, and you have the makings of a great evening.
This chocolate fondue makes for an excellent dessert. Guests can choose from a variety of dippers to swirl in the rich, fudgy sauce. Plus, it’s so easy! You can have this on the buffet in no time – leaving you plenty of time for more important things, like actually getting to visit with your guests!
What you need:
- For the Fondue:
- 10-12 oz. chocolate – milk, semi-sweet, dark, or bittersweet
- 3/4 c. half-and-half
- 1 T. corn syrup
- 1 t. vanilla extract
- 1/2 t. cinnamon
- 1/2 t. orange zest, optional
- pinch kosher salt
- For the Dippers:
- 4 oz. pound cake, cubed
- 1 banana, sliced thick
- 2 c. small strawberries, cored
- 2 c. red and green apple chunks
- 2 pears, sliced
- 1 c. cherries, pitted
- 3 clementines, peeled and sectioned
- 1 c. fresh pineapple chunks
- 1 pkg. graham crackers, broken into rectangles
- 1 c. large marshmallows
- 4 oz. pretzels, any size
- measuring cups and spoons
- microplane zester (optional)
- small slow cooker and fondue forks
Time: 10 minutes prep + 45 minutes cooking.
Multiplying the recipe: Yes.
Chocolate Fondue with Fruit:
In a small (1 quart) slow cooker, place all ingredients. Heat on low until chocolate is melted and smooth, stirring every fifteen minutes. This will take about 45 minutes.
Serve immediately with the dippers of your choice.