We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. We will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
I’m focusing on eating down my food stores (pantry, deep freeze, leftovers in the fridge, etc.) this week and next. I have been doing a lot more flying by the seat of my pants while planning meals, as a result, which is not how I normally roll! I find myself planning out my meal for the day in the morning, based on what’s available and how much time I will have for actual prep (this week, not a lot). I am quite surprised to find that I can get a pretty well-rounded meal without too much fuss. I guess it pays to put leftover soups and chilis, meatballs, and the like in the freezer for an in-a-rush kind of day!
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Pizza, sliced apples
- Macaroni and cheese, smoked sausage (served on bread), homemade baked beans, steamed carrots, homemade applesauce
- Chicken fajitas (grilled chicken, rice, black beans, sautéed peppers and onions, salsa, sour cream, and shredded cheese), corn
- Turkey soup (from the freezer), smoked sausage (served on bread), muffins, steamed carrots, homemade applesauce
- Slow cooker Irish dinner, soda bread with walnuts and raisins, homemade applesauce
- Pizza, peas and carrots, clementines
- Breakfast for dinner
- Other things to make this week: banana muffins with mini chocolate chips, chocolate-glazed custard eclairs, Ramen seasoning (to use in place of seasoning packet), blueberry buckle coffee cake, pancake mix
- Take out pizza, clementines, leftover vegetables
- Dinner with family
- Sausage-Tortellini Soup, cloverleaf rolls (Good Cheap Eats), canned pears
- White bean chili, elbow macaroni, oyster crackers, home-canned applesauce, green beans
- Sheet Pan Meal (chicken, potatoes, carrots), apple slices, buttermilk biscuits
- Leftovers, pigs in a blanket, clementines
- Chicken Parmesan Wheels (Weelicious), challah, pears, spinach salad
- Other things to make this week: Yogurt, Stock, Apple Cinnamon Muffins, Oatmeal Raisin Muffins