We are starting a new format for our Weekly Meal Plan posts. Katie and I will each take turns sharing something that was a highlight from our week, whether that is a new recipe, something that surprised us (good or bad), or something that we find helpful to point out.
My highlight from this week’s menu planning is rejoicing in my family’s tradition to do holiday baking ahead of time. We used to have one or two big baking days when we would get together and all make all of the Christmas cookies and goodies we wanted. With the ages and number of our children, we now tend to meet over a few days for shorter periods of time, but the goal is still the same: finish baking long before Christmas! That gives the possibilities for what happened this week: spend as much time as possible playing with my kids while they’re on break, enjoying their excitement and helping them play with new treasures. Then, when it’s time to head out to visit family or welcome family into our home, pull containers of countless Christmas cookies out of the freezer to fill trays and go! No stress, but so many options! Check out some of my favorites that we have shared on the blog: Peanut Butter Blossoms, Peanut Butter Balls, Mint-Chocolate Sandwich Cookies, Double Dipped Mint Chocolate Cookies, Cutout Cookies, Fudge, and Shortbread Bites.
If you want to see how we plan our meals, click here.
- Out of town all week
- Dinner with family, brought cookie tray
- Dinner with family, brought White Bean Dip and Veggie Train, cookie tray
- Mama T’s Chili served over elbow macaroni with leeks, shredded cheese, and sour cream, Maple Cornbread Muffins, sliced raw bell peppers, home-canned applesauce, cookie tray
- Dinner with family
- Homemade Kielbasa, Pizza, Green beans, home-canned peaches
- Other things to make this week: Sandwich bread, Banana Muffins, M&M Pretzels