Fall is my favorite season. The colorful falling leaves crunch underfoot as you walk in the brisk air. Walking outside gives you a rosy glow to your cheeks. And…it’s pumpkin season! Although I’m a firm believer that anytime is pumpkin time, I especially love the prevalence of the flavor in autumn.
Every fall, when cans of pumpkin go on sale, I make a big batch of pumpkin pie spice and stock up on canned pumpkin. (I actually set aside money in my preserving budget to buy a bunch of cans!) That way, when I feel a hankering for something pumpkin-y, I don’t have to make a special trip to the grocery store to fulfill it.
Check out all the creative ideas below for some great recipes to try!
- slow cooker pumpkin chili (Cooking for the Fam)
- mini pumpkin pies (Cooking for the Fam)
- pumpkin cheesecake with gingersnap crust (Cooking for the Fam)
- Pumpkin Bars with maple cream cheese frosting (Cooking for the Fam)
- Pumpkin Muffins (Cooking for the Fam)
- homemade pumpkin puree (Cooking for the Fam)
- pumpkin pie (Cooking for the Fam)
- pumpkin bread
- pumpkin doughnuts
- pumpkin scones (King Arthur Flour)
- pumpkin ice cream
- slow cooker pumpkin-chai soup (America’s Test Kitchen)
- butternut squash soup (with pumpkin)
- pumpkin butter
For even more great ideas, check out our Pinterest board, Pumpkin Time!